**Updated on 28/04/21 ** With new course dates
“Look at the person and not their living conditions”
What will you learn?
This course will enable learners to fully understand how hoarding and self neglect affects people, empowering the learners to empathise with people who might be struggling with Self Neglect or Hoarding behaviours whilst exploring ways to develop skills for supporting clients to help themselves in how to overcome their inability to dispose of their belongings or be able to organise and support themselves in their homes.
Every client is unique and the support that can be provided will be bespoke to the challenges of an individual situation. Throughout this course You will learn more about this, along with the complexities of hoarding/self neglect and how to embed a strength-based approach.
- Exploring problems associated with hoarding and self-neglect
- What constitutes Supportive Intervention?
- How to prevent the need for “enforcing” solutions
- Fulfil Care Act requirements
- Promote best practice through knowledge and understanding
Module 1 – Welcome, Registration & Outline
- Understanding Self Neglect & Hoarding
- Understanding Who, Why & How
- Case Studies
Module 2 – Supportive Intervention
Module 3 – Supportive Engagement
- How to develop tactics for working with clients
- Strategy for good practice including learning from Serious Adult Reviews (SARS)
- Case Studies & Best Practice
- Recap of learning
*Throughout each module there will be an opportunity for the learner to engage with other learners, ask questions & take part in the lightning exercises.
Who is this course for?
Frontline workers, volunteers and supporters of people who hoard working in Local Authority, Fire & Rescue Service, Health Services, Housing Providers, Charitable & Voluntary Organisations, Sole Traders
Our online training course consists of 3 live interactive training modules which will take place in 1 day.The course will also include the current restrictions placed upon organisations working with people who hoard during COVID-19.
For all Bookings and Enquiries:
Please contact email@example.com to book your place